Mizuno Women's Wave Rider 24
The Mizuno Wave Rider 24 is the most popular shoe in the Mizuno line up. The neutral moderate cushion shoe offers soft feel in the heel, the new flex controllers help create a smooth transition to the forefoot and both the blown rubber and Enerzy foam create a nice responsive platform to push off. Along with an excellent heel counter and updated engineered air mesh, the Wave Rider 24 will hug your foot reducing extra movement in the shoe. Mizuno Wave Rider 24 weighs in at 8.2oz.
Running Niche Experience
The Wave Rider 24 fits true to size but it is made on a semi-curved last meaning that this shoe fits best on an individual whose foot has a slight curve inward. Typically, this is individual would have a moderate to high arch. This is a great shoe for a daily trainer good for longer runs to faster track work. The Wave Rider 24 is a higher drop shoe with stack heights of 32 mm in the heel and 20 mm in the forefoot. Rider 24 is smooth and very responsive. The new wave plate in the rear is a bit more flexible than in the past adding bounce to the feel.
Technology: U4ic, Mizuno Enerzy, Mizuno Wave, X10, Blown Rubber, Flex Controllers, Engineered Air Mesh
Built around Mizuno’s Wave plate, they utilized various foams, rubber outsoles, and upper material to have a shoe that fits each runner’s needs.
- U4ic Midsole material that helps provide optimal shock reduction and durability. This midsole foam is well-cushioned while still being nice and responsive.
- Mizuno Enerzy New midsole that offers both a soft cushioned feel along with a good amount of resilience. With 15% increase in rebound and 17% improvement in softness compared to normal EVA foam.
- Mizuno Wave/ Double Fan Wave plate that offers ample cushion and shock dispersion. The wave plate changes from neutral shoes to stability shoes. Neutral shoes use the parallel Wave plate while a stability shoes like the Wave Inspire uses a Double fan Wave Plate to increase the support reducing over-pronation.
- X10 This is a carbon rubber that has an increased durability allowing for greater wear and improved grip.
- Blown Rubber While this rubber does provide grip and improved durability it also works with the midsole to improve the cushioning and increase the responsive and resilience of the shoes.
- Flex Controllers Anatomical grooves that are under the forefoot. They act as mini wave plates that improve the toe off.
- Engineered Air Mesh dual layered engineered mesh with laser perforations that improve both the durability of the upper and ventilation.
- WaveKnit knitted material made to enhance to comfort, support, and breathability of the shoe.
Brand Description: Mizuno
Mizuno is a Japanese sports equipment company that was founded in 1906. Originally a baseball equipment they expanded into golf and eventually into running shoes in 1982 with many more sports to come. Starting with the RunBird athletic shoes they continue to improve upon until they develop the Mizuno wave in 1997. The Mizuno wave plate was revolutionary in running technology creating improved stability and cushioning which is still used in their shoes today.
Model #: 411228.9R0A
Color: Lunar Rock/ Nimbus Gold
Stack Height: 32.0 mm/20.0 mm
Drop: 12.0 mm
Weight: 8.2 oz
Upper: Engineered Air mesh
Midsole: Light weight U4ic foam, Responsive Mizuno Enerzy foam, Mizuno Wave plate
Outsole: X10 carbon rubber in high wear areas, blown rubber increased cushion and responsiveness, Flex Controllers improved flexibility
Toe Box: Medium
Women's Wave Rider 24 — Mizuno
Women's Footwear | Women's Running | Neutral