Mizuno Men's Wave Inspire 16
The Mizuno Wave Inspire 16 is a stability shoe with moderate cushioning shoe, soft feel in the heel, and with the help of new flex controllers, creates a smooth transition to the forefoot where both the blown rubber and Enerzy foam create a nice responsive platform to push off. Along with an excellent heel counter and an improved WaveKnit upper, the Wave Inspire 16 will move and with your foot creating a sock-like feel. Mizuno Wave Inspire 16 weighs in at 10.2 oz.
Running Niche Experience
The Wave Inspire 16 fits true to size in length and will fit more snug than other models due to the WaveKnit material that will stretch out a little and move and flex with the foot. This shoe is also made on a semi-curved last meaning that this shoe fits best on an individual whose foot has a slight curve inward. Typically, this is individual would have a moderate to high arch. This is a great shoe for a daily trainer good for longer runs to faster track work. The Wave Inspire is a higher drop shoe with stack heights of 32 mm in the heel and 20 mm in the forefoot.
Technology: U4ic, Mizuno Enerzy, Mizuno Wave, X10, Blown Rubber, Flex Controllers, Engineered Air Mesh
Built around Mizuno’s Wave plate, they utilized various foams, rubber outsoles, and upper material to have a shoe that fits each runner’s needs.
- U4ic Midsole material that helps provide optimal shock reduction and durability. This midsole foam is well-cushioned while still being nice and responsive.
- Mizuno Enerzy New midsole that offers both a soft cushioned feel along with a good amount of resilience. With 15% increase in rebound and 17% improvement in softness compared to normal EVA foam.
- Mizuno Wave/ Double Fan Wave plate that offers ample cushion and shock dispersion. The wave plate changes from neutral shoes to stability shoes. Neutral shoes use the parallel Wave plate while a stability shoes like the Wave Inspire uses a Double fan Wave Plate to increase the support reducing over-pronation.
- X10 This is a carbon rubber that has an increased durability allowing for greater wear and improved grip.
- Blown Rubber While this rubber does provide grip and improved durability it also works with the midsole to improve the cushioning and increase the responsive and resilience of the shoes.
- Flex Controllers Anatomical grooves that are under the forefoot. They act as mini wave plates that improve the toe off.
- Engineered Air Mesh dual layered engineered mesh with laser perforations that improve both the durability of the upper and ventilation.
- WaveKnit knitted material made to enhance to comfort, support, and breathability of the shoe.
Brand Description: Mizuno
Mizuno is a Japanese sports equipment company that was founded in 1906. Originally a baseball equipment they expanded into golf and eventually into running shoes in 1982 with many more sports to come. Starting with the RunBird athletic shoes they continue to improve upon until they develop the Mizuno wave in 1997. The Mizuno wave plate was revolutionary in running technology creating improved stability and cushioning which is still used in their shoes today.
Model #: 411170.SD73
Color: Sky Diver/ Silver
Stack Height: 32.0 mm/20.0 mm
Drop: 12.0 mm
Weight: 10.2 oz
Midsole: Light weight U4ic foam, Responsive Mizuno Enerzy foam, Mizuno Double Fan Wave plate
Outsole: X10 carbon rubber in high wear areas, blown rubber increased cushion and responsiveness, Flex Controllers improved flexibility
Toe Box: Medium
Wave Inspire 16 Waveknit — Mizuno
Men's Footwear | Men's Running | Mild Stability