Brooks Men's Hyperion Tempo
The Hyperion Tempo is in Brook’s speed category. Meaning that this shoe is ideal for fast paced running, from workouts to races the Hyperion Tempo will provide an excellent amount of cushioning to run comfortable while also being responsive enough to maintain a high turnover with excellent energy return. The new DNA Flash cushioning puts this shoe above the rest allowing for a fully cushioned shoe with 32mm stack height in the heel and 24mm in the forefoot, to weigh in at only 7.3 oz.
Running Niche Experience
We find that Hyperion Tempo fits true to size in length. The performance fit holds your foot into the heel cup while still having ample room for your toes to move. The new DNA flash creates a truly unique sensation with a soft yet responsive ride. The shoe is optimal for individuals looking for a racing shoe for mile races to marathon, or a shoe to use in workouts. This shoe does not have a removeable sock liner. The Hyperion Tempo weighs in at just 7.3 oz with an 8 mm drop.
Technology: DNA LOFT, DNA AMP, DNA Flash
Brooks’ core technologies focus on the midsole with several different foam combinations providing different characteristics depending upon end use of the shoe. In addition, they have a unique approach to support called GuideRails, which is found in their stability-oriented shoes.
- DNA LOFT provides our softest cushioning yet. It instantly adapts to the runners’ individual stride, weight, and speed with a unique blend of ethylene-vinyl acetate (EVA), rubber, and air. The rubber adds longevity to the EVA midsole, ensuring softness. While the air decreases the shoe’s weight. DNA LOFT is engineered to be lightweight and ultra-soft, without sacrificing durability or responsiveness, making it our most luxurious shoe technology yet.
- DNA AMP is a polyurethane (PU) based cushioning system designed for energy return. It does this with a foam that naturally expands as force is applied. To deliver an amplified experience, we encase the foam in a thermoplastic polyurethane skin that resists horizontal expansion. The result is a springy ride with best-in-class energy return.
- BioMoGo DNA adapts to your specific weight, pace, gait, and running surface. That makes for a springier step that’s customized for your stride.
- GuideRails™ technology delivers on-demand support, allowing your hips, knees, and joints to move the way you naturally do. Think of GuideRails as bumpers in bowling. When your stride falls out of place, they kick in to guide your stride back in line. They are there when you need them and out of your way when you do not.
- DNA Flash is a lightweight polyurethane cushion infused with nitrogen improving the energy return without sacrificing cushion.
Brand Description: Brooks Running
Brooks believes a run can change a day, a life, the world. Running is a gift. Run happy.
Every day with a run is better. Every run brings you closer to your best self. And you end every run in a better place than you started. We do one thing: build great running gear.
When you focus on what you do best, you do it better. Our goal is to make each run better than the last. This guides every engineering choice we make. We are obsessed with the body in motion. We engineer our gear in the lab, but we bring it to life on the unique, real-world humans who will wear it. This is the result of tireless biomechanical research with runners of every size, strength, and experience. But most of all, it is the result of listening. We sweat every detail. Our process is simple: create solutions for runners, test them over miles, assess feedback and repeat. Every groove in the soles of your shoes, every inch of fabric in your gear and every single stitch has a reason to exist. If it does not improve your run, you will not see it in our gear. The planet is our home. More than 100 million people run outside, so it is critical we care for the world we share. That means working to minimize our environmental impact, creating positive social impact, and being transparent about areas where we can do better. All the while, we give back and lift causes that get people moving. We are runners, too. This is as much for us as it is for you. Our offices have locker rooms. We run at lunch. In between meetings. Pretty much anytime we can. Put simply, we make the best running gear on the planet because we want to go running in it.
Stack Height: 32.0 mm/24.0 mm
Drop: 8.0 mm
Weight: 7.3 oz
Upper: Breathable, knit mesh
Midsole: DNA Flash, responsive and durable
Outsole: High abrasion rubber in heel to toe
Toe Box: Medium
Men's Hyperion Tempo — Brooks Running
Men's Footwear | Men's Running | Neutral